james-general mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: website updated, maven2 poms, temporary repository, new artifacts
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:28:27 GMT
> What I don't understand is that we talked a lot of time about removing
> jars from our svn repository because jars should not be included in svn
> within sources and everyone seemed to agree, but I don't understand what
> is the solution you are proposing to this.

This does bring to light an important issue.  What maven is doing is
little beyond what we ask people to do re javamail and activation...
download jars that will invariably not be signature checked.  Maven
just makes it much easier to do this and otherwise remove jar
dependencies from svn.

If there is an issue, I think it's the one Stefano aludes to... do we
want to keep dependencies in svn or not?

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501