james-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject JAMES acronym issue...
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:26:20 GMT
We currently define JAMES as The Apache Java Enterprise Mail Server..
--
The Apache Java Enterprise Mail Server (a.k.a. Apache James) is a 100%
pure Java SMTP and POP3 Mail server and NNTP News server

Do you think this issue should be fixed?

What about saying that James is "The Apache Enterprise Mail SERVICES"
project and that our main product is "James Server", an "Enterprise Mail
Server"

We should also update our server code to always use "James Server" and
never only "James".

Better ideas/options?

Stefano

PS: I posted this to the pmc list, but this is not a private thing so
I'm moving this thread out from there.