james-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Use of lists (was Re: [VOTE] James website update (Was: svn commit: r421896 - in /james/site/trunk/www))
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:46:10 GMT
Danny Angus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI the list for website stuff is site-dev@james.apache.org
>
> d.

I take this reply to arise an issue: we currently use server-dev for
jspf, postage, and generic project related things.

Now that we started having more active products and that we're trying to
give more evidence of the separation between James "The Project" and
James Server "The Java Enterprise Mail Server" we should start using
"James General List" for the project.

My mistake I didn't use "James General List" for my last pmc topic and
didn't use site-dev for that site proposal/votes/changes.

About site-dev, its existence is not published anywhere and the last
"human generated" message is more than one year old: maybe I subscribed
after that message and I thought it was only to receive svn commits
notification for the site folder and wiki updates notifications. We
should publish the list explanation somewhere: if you can write
something I'll add it to the next website (I don't know the intentions
behind the creation or I would write it).

Furthermore: What about jspf, postage, mime4j and other product
discussions? What list should we use?

Stefano