james-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject website updated, maven2 poms, temporary repository, new artifacts
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:52:44 GMT
The new website is 42MB against the old 21MB.
I'm committing it to site/www and publishing it, but maybe we should not
keep the generated stuff in svn anymore. (I already wrote a mail to
site-dev to discuss about this)

==================

I need also to let you know that I added temporarily this repository to
our poms:
----
<id>bago-dist-m1</id>
<name>Temporary Repository</name>
<url>http://people.apache.org/~bago/maven/dist-m1</url>
----
I also published there bouncycastle jars used by james, and builds of
the james-project, maven-skin and jspf-0.9-SNAPSHOT artifacts.

This way jspf, site and server websites can be built with a simple "mvn
site", otherwise we should wait an official release and publication of
the artifact on ibilio before being able to use them or a local "mvn
install" of the previous projects.

"mvn install" is pretty simple, but I thought that it was not so easy
for a maven newbie to checkout, build and install needed artifacts.

==================

I also created 2 new artifacts in sandbox:
"maven-skin" is the maven2 skin project that is used to generate the new
website
"james-project" is a top level pom for the james project: it is a child
of "org.apache:apache-3" pom and defines a few defaults for james
project products.

jSPF, site and server have been updated to use that new parent.

Please let me know where do you think we should move "james-project"
(and maybe you also want to rename it) and where to put the maven-skin.

As far as I understood from maven documentation if we want to be able to
create the full website with a single command we should use the
following structure:

- maven-skin
- james-project
   |-pom.xml
   |-server
   | '-pom.xml
   |-jspf
   | '-pom.xml
   '-site
     '-pom.xml

This would mean merging all trunks in a single tree and maybe we should
delay this decision until we decide wether to move server to maven2 or not.

That said, I don't think that it is a big problem to build the website
in 3 different steps.

Stefano