james-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: website updated, maven2 poms, temporary repository, new artifacts
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:09:32 GMT
> The new website is 42MB against the old 21MB.

That's bad enough, but how are you counting?  I see 111MB online.  My 18MB,
reported in an earlier message, was for a local copy of v2.1, so your 21MB
is just fine with me as a reference value.

> I need also to let you know that I added temporarily this repository to
> our poms

I continue to refuse to condone the use of Maven repositories until they fix
the security issues.  And you might want to participate on
repository@apache.org to find out what the policies are regarding maven
repositories at the ASF.

> This way jspf, site and server websites can be built with a simple "mvn
> site", otherwise we should wait an official release and publication of
> the artifact on ibilio

More importantly, if this is a correct fact, as you state and Alex also
mentioned as a proble, that you need to create a repository for maven to
work at all is reason to not use Maven.  If maven cannot work standalone, it
should not be used.  Please tell me that Maven is not really that stupid a
build system.

	--- Noel