james-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] maven2 and james repository short term solution
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:48:47 GMT
Hi,

this is all new stuff for me... please be aware stupid questions
follow... and sorry for being late.

Below some clarification questions, short answers are welcome.
I am +0 with the rest, because I still have to and want to get familiar
with it.

Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The problem: we have products (jspf and mime4j) that use maven2 as build
> system. We now rely on "SNAPSHOT" projects (james-project and the james
> maven-skin) and on a temporary repository I setup in my minotaur home
> directory.
>
> 1) "james-project" (1.0-SNAPSHOT) and "maven-skin" (1.0-SNAPSHOT)
> artifacts are now in james/sandbox. We should find a better place for them.
> My proposal is to move them to the root james folder and to rename
> james-project to "project":
> /james
> |-project

"project" is only website-related?
if yes, please let's find a better name, for example "site-general" or
"project-site"
if no, what is it for?

> |-maven2-skin
> |-server
> |-jspf
> |-mime4j
> '-....
> To keep consistency in the repository we should create
> branches/trunk/tags subfolder.
>
> 3) we should introduce a james project third party library repository
> where we'll include every "non-apache" library used by our releases.
> Fortunately now that we don't include junit in our releases and that sun
> released javamail/activation under CDDL we can safely put all our needed
> libraries in that repository (we already put that library in different
> folders of our repository).

I guess the goal is to remove all the multiple library-copies in the
projects and load them from the central repo?

will the repo also contain james server jars, like "james-<version>.jar"?

> 4) we should prepare non-snapshots releases for our "project" and
> "maven-skin" and maybe we should make the same thing for jspf (0.9) and
> mime4j (0.3).

you mean, official releases?

> 5) Vote the release and publish them to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
> as they will start being official james artifacts so I can remove any
> reference to my home on minotaur.

but if we do not trust ibiblio, can we really switch to it?

   Bernd