james-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] maven2 and james repository short term solution
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:45:36 GMT
> 4 days, 1 answer :-(

Try to be more clear about what you are proposing.

> Noel: can you please change the svn notification so that it works on the
> full james repository? If you have specific options it would be good if
> server commits had the server-dev reply-to and the other had the general
> reply-to.

That does not seem appropriate.

It appears that you are proposing a Maven repository.  Aside from my
continued opposition to supporting Maven repositories until Maven
authenticates their downloads, such repositories are supposed to be
coordinated ASF-wide via the repository@ mailing list.  I'm not at all sure
that what you propose is according to ASF policy.

> we should introduce a james project third party library repository
> where we'll include every "non-apache" library used by our releases.

We should NOT do so except in conjunction with such an effort on an ASF-wide
basis.  We already have enough problems with abuse of the ASF
infrastructure.  Once again, the appropriate place to discuss repositories
is repository@apache.org.

> As a sidenote I would prefer a structure where we have
> trunk/branches/tags at the top

Subversion 101: A {ttb} structure is associated with each independently
releasable artifact.

	--- Noel