james-general mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject users@ Moderation
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:29:34 GMT
Apparently we've won a million dollars. :-(

But seriously this is getting ridiculous, the users list gets more
spam than messages. roughly one message per seven spam. for the
moderation requests I think there are probably 100+ spam per genuine
moderation issue.

I've got to the point where I don't bother to action users@
moderations, and I reckon that I get 99+% right by just ignoring them.
This makes the moderation email pretty pointless.

Any suggestions as to what we could do about it, sensible ones only
we're not about to get apache infrastructure to change the tools they
use, not unless we're prepared to do the admin, and I'm figuring that
if we don't have the resources to progress James at the rate we want
we certainly don't have the resources for any of that kind of thing.

d.