james-general mailing list archives

From nhtom <tomba...@email.com>
Subject Now, kiddies...
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:58:55 GMT

Hi.  Brand new here.  Super basic questions.  I've looked but haven't found
this info.  Perhaps it's just too basic/obvious - but not to a mail server
novice like me.

I've set up JAMES on a PC.  I finally got it to receive email (I looked in
the folder), I just can't pick it up from Outlook on another machine.

In ZoneEdit I have my domain, "foo", set up like:
    IP Addresses:  Domain name: mail.foo   IP address: 12.34.56.78
                                            webmail.foo
12.34.56.78
    Domain: foo.com     Destination: mail.foo.com

In Outlook it asks for "Incoming mail server(POP3)"  Often, this looks like:
Pop3.domain.com.  How should this field be filled when connecting to JAMES?

Also, what should I enter to specify the SMTP server?  This is often
something like smtp1.domain.com.  What does JAMES provide/use?

When I simply enter foo.com for both of them and "Test Account Settings" it
establishes the connections, finds SMTP and POP3 but can't log onto POP3 nor
send a test message.

I've checked and rechecked the username password.  I've checked the username
and reset the password over the telnet connection.

I've been spinning on this for far too long.  Thank-you for any help.

NH-Tom