james-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: lauch james from java application
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 04:35:45 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 7:45 AM, Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>> if you're using the latest code then the spring deployment is probably
>>> the way to go
>> and in this case it would be required to put all libraries onto your
>> classpath which after build have landed in
>> spring-deployment/target/james-server*/lib
>>
>> To launch James the Spring-way, just put into your main method
>>
>>          Resource containerResource = new
>> ClassPathResource("beans-base-config.xml");
>>          Resource applicationResource = new
>> ClassPathResource("james-assembly.xml");
>>          AvalonApplicationContext context = new
>> AvalonApplicationContext(containerResource, applicationResource);
>>
>> and put the xml files onto the classpath.
>
> maybe we should encapsulate this in a launcher

there are launchers generated for Windows and Unix (run.bat + run.sh) at
build time.

they simply build the classpath and invoke

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/trunk/spring-deployment/src/main/java/org/apache/james/container/spring/Main.java?view=markup

which is basically simply those three lines I quoted.

Since the original poster wanted to start from his/her own application,
he probably wants to skip the launcher part.

Or did you refer to something more advanced like in phoenix-deployment?

NOTE: I will improve this particular code on the way to an OSGi deployment.

   Bernd