james-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure james to reject before accepting body message
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:01:21 GMT
On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:16 PM, RoobG <robert@emend.it> wrote:

>  I've just noticed it - the latest build has all I need in here..

cool

> how stable is it, if I test it and it proves itself - would it be safe to implement
>  into production environment..?

trunk is a mixed bag: ranging from mature to very experimental

what are you planning to run?

>  I mean is there any description in terms of what's regarded as stable in
>  these nightly builds ..?

trunk is interface, storage and configuration unstable. in other
words, the developers do not make any promises about future changes in
trunk which may require some changes.

much of the code is relatively mature but is not as well tested in
production as 2.x

BTW you'll probably get better answers faster on the server-dev list
for questions like this

- robert