james-general mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject ASF Position Regarding Sender ID and Microsoft OSP
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 03:39:07 GMT
Hi -

I'm involved in the Apache POI project and we have quite an active
discussion going on that includes discussion about Microsoft's Open
Source Promise (OSP) [1] and whether that is sufficient license
protection for the project's users. During the discussion we were
pointed at the ASF Position Regarding Sender ID [2] which was written
by the ASF, Apache SpamAssassin PMC and Apache JAMES PMC.

I couldn't help noticing that Microsoft had made the OSP to the
SenderID RFC's. Does the project feel that the OSP does anything to
eliminate the concerns expressed in the position statement?

The OSP makes me think so, but I think you are the definitive audience
to ask. (I'm asking both projects)

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/interop/osp/default.mspx
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/docs/sender-id-position.html

Regards,