james-general mailing list archives

From "LUNDY Guillaume IT&L@bs" <guillaume.lu...@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject Re: James as a Proxy
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:50:01 GMT
We would like to create a component to do some work between the mail client (like thunderbird)
and the mail server (that stores mails)

              SMTP req.    |  My Proxy                                              | SMTP
Request
             (send mail)   |========================================================| transformed
mail
Mail client ==============>| SMTP server ==> Processing on the mail ==> client SMTP
| =================> SMTP Server

              POP req.     |  My Proxy                                            | POP Request

                           |======================================================|
Mail client ==============>| POP server ==> Processing on the mail ==> client POP
| ===================> POP Server
                           |                                                      |
              pop resp :   |                                                      |
        transformed. mails |                                                      |   response
: mail(s)
Mail client  <=========    | POP server <== Processing on the mail <== client POP
| <==================  POP Server

              IMAP req.     |  My Proxy                                             | IMAP
Request
                            |====================================================== |
Mail client ==============> | IMAP server ==> Processing on the mail ==> client IMAP|
              IMAP resp :   |                                                       |
        transformed. mails  |                                                       |   response
: mail(s)
Mail client  <=========     | IMAP server <== Processing on the mail <== client IMAP|

Regards,
guillaume Lundy