james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: CVS changes
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 02:34:06 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Benett" <Charles@benett1.demon.co.uk>

> Don't know, but I haven't seen any commits either.
>
> However, the big question is (as I haven't got time to look at cvs right
> now), does the version of james in cvs work with a released version of
> avalon? When I looked at the gump output, the problem was
> incompatabilities between Avalon 3.1a1 and avalon in cvs.
>
> I think james cvs should work against a released version of avalon,
> otherwise anyone wanting to help with james coding is going to have to
> master 2 (or possible 4 if avalon splits) cvs modules.
>
> So, I'm unconvinced of the necessity of gumpiness.

Speaking as someone who doesn't have a clue how Avalon works... I don't care
what version of Avalon we're using...historically either the API is
self-explanatory and working enough that I don't need to look at the Avalon
source, or it's not.  As Avalon (like most open source projects) is not
overflowing with documentation, going to the code is usually the path of
least resistance.  As long as I have a rough date when the avalon snapshot
was made, I can find what I need in CVS.

I'm happy to see gump's dumps as the fact that ant wasn't working with james
was somewhat annoying personally.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/