james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <Char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: CVS changes
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:25:37 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you may have noticed that I just made some changes to CVS. I just made it
> so GUMP will compile clean and I started hacking on updating James to use
> Loggable interface rather than directly accessing LogKit.getLoggerFor().
> The reason is that sometime in the future the LogKit method will become
> protected by a security permission.
>
> I think I haven't broken anything ... thou feel free to jumpon me if I have
> ;) Also I have tried to remove Avalonisms from James code I touched (ie m_*
> ) because I figure you prolly figure it as a foul coding standard aswell ;)
>
> I still haven't seen any commit notifications come through ... did someone
> notify apmail about cvs commits being redirected to a james list?

Don't know, but I haven't seen any commits either.

However, the big question is (as I haven't got time to look at cvs right
now), does the version of james in cvs work with a released version of
avalon? When I looked at the gump output, the problem was
incompatabilities between Avalon 3.1a1 and avalon in cvs.

I think james cvs should work against a released version of avalon,
otherwise anyone wanting to help with james coding is going to have to
master 2 (or possible 4 if avalon splits) cvs modules.

So, I'm unconvinced of the necessity of gumpiness.

Charles