james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Ram C" <ra...@mybc.com>
Subject Re: Latest updates
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:13:57 GMT
---- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> This new code may need a bit of testing (specifically the timeout stuff)
> but I think it should be all working - it was mainly copy-paste from
> another project I worked on ;)

I did a bit of testing with the latest version of JAMES in CVS.

Is there a requirement to always provide a DNS server?
I'm getting this exception (java.net.UnknownHostException: MUST_SET_THIS_TO_DNS_SERVER)
and had to comment this out from the assembly.xml file.

Also I found a bug in the TimeScheduler/BinaryHeap?? while testing the
remote manager.

	at org.apache.avalon.util.BinaryHeap.percolateUpMinHeap(BinaryHeap.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.avalon.util.BinaryHeap.insert(BinaryHeap.java:88)
	at org.apache.cornerstone.blocks.scheduler.DefaultTimeScheduler.rescheduleEntry(DefaultTimeScheduler.java:130)
	at org.apache.cornerstone.blocks.scheduler.DefaultTimeScheduler.resetTrigger(DefaultTimeScheduler.java:101)
	at org.apache.james.remotemanager.RemoteManagerHandler.handleConnection(RemoteManagerHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cornerstone.blocks.connection.ConnectionRunner.run(Connection.java:128)
	at org.apache.avalon.util.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java,
Compiled Code)

Its easy to reproduce, just keep trying any of the commands...and i think
somewhere around the 13th command(the default capacity of the BinaryHeap,
DEFAULT_CAPACITY   = 13) you get the above exception..

The BinaryHeap doesn't seem to grow() at the right time and causes the
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. The suspect the following code in BinaryHeap...

    protected void percolateUpMinHeap( final Comparable element )
    {
        int hole = ++m_size;

        m_elements[ hole ] = element;

I'm guessing this is where the exception happens..

I need to test a little more to find exactly what causes the problem(unless
somebody can see the problem right now :)  ..)

I'll keep you guys posted if I find any other problems while testing..

Cheers,
Ram.

FREE voicemail, email and fax, all in one place.  Sign Up Now! http://www.mybc.com