james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: method execution in protocol handlers and alternative ideas on method processing
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:59:28 GMT
At 10:16  21/3/01 -0800, Harmeet Bedi wrote:
>I built production FTP and LDAP Servers, played around prototyped SMTP, NNTP
>and HTTP Servers.

I have always wanted to build a LDAP/Directory server for kicks - thought
about asking the javaldap developer
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/javaldap) if he would release it under a
BSD license - but like most things never had the time.

>SMTPController
>this seems interesting and useful, it sounds a bit like interceptors in
>Tomcat. Did I get the analogue right ?

essentially - less generic than interceptors I guess. The
"questions/pluggable-logic" that the controllers are asked are much more
focused in SMTP but in others (like FTPController they are much more like
tc3.x interceptros).

Cheers,

Pete