james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gunnar R|nning <gun...@candleweb.no>
Subject Re: How can i integrate James with my application ?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:52:04 GMT
"M. Amin" <amin@imkenberg.net> writes:

> Dear James-users,
>  I tried to run james from my linux machine as root account but i got the
> following exception :
> Main: cannot open new listener on port 110 : Cannot open ServerSocketAcceptor
> on port 110

As others commented the port is probably has another process with listen on
it. Check it with the "netstat -a" command under linux.

> my goal is integrate James with my web application to send e-mails to my
> customers, is it possible ? and how ?
> any help will be appreciated.

Why do you want to use James for this. Linux distos usually come bundled
with mailservers(as your seems to do too), so if you just want to send mail
use the default one. Maybe you are looking for an API that makes it easy
to send mail from Java (Just trying to do some qualified guessing.) ?

regards,

	Gunnar