james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Ozzy Espaillat" <o...@unwiredsolutions.com>
Subject RE: Mail.setMessage(MimeMessage) problem?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:29:15 GMT
Are you sure the mailet is running against the message. Check that your
mailet/match entry in your James.conf.xml file is set properly and maybe log
something in your mailet to ensure that it's running properly.

Oz

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Bridge [mailto:diablo@ping.net]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 10:10 AM
To: james-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Mail.setMessage(MimeMessage) problem?

Has anyone had any problems using the Mail.setMessage(MimeMessage) method to
modify an item of mail? I'm pulling my hair out a bit chasing a problem
arising from trying to add on a company signature to all outgoing emails
using the Mail.setMessage(MimeMessage) method. The bottom line is that the
content is successully retrieved from the mail object, modified and
subsequently set (and checked) but the ongoing email remains unchanged when
it hits the final destination.

The following is a more verbose description of the problem and some
psuedo-code:

The main problem is that I'm successfully retrieving the MimeMessage from
the Mail object, then I'm changing MimeMessage content by concatenating the
signature and then calling the Mail.setMessage() method with the modified
MimeMessage.

However, the email when it arrives at the final destination it is the
pre-modified email without the signature appended to it. The part confusing
me is that if I call mail.getMessage().getContent() after I've modified the
content this shows the newly modified message. So it seems that the
modification of the localised mail object isn’t getting picked up when the
service method returns. I'm sure it's something I'm not doing but I can't
think what as it's a very straightforward interface you guys have
architected.