james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <hb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: having separate blocks for protocol servers
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2001 07:12:30 GMT
Checked in this stuff. I exercied most blocks except IMAP. I may broken
somethings though.

- The server name was part of the James context, now that the protocol
blocks are different, I am moving server name property to the block specific
configuration.
- The SpoolManger is a separte block. The James block adds entries to Spool,
and the Spool Manager processes them. The James block and Spool Manager
block both contain Spool information they attempt to process.

This is the list of blocks.
 1. James: provides MailetContext and MailServer role.
 2. JamesSpoolManager: Spool facility for SMTP messages
 3. DNSServer
 4. RemoteManager
 5. IMAPServer
 6. SMTPServer
 7. POP3Server
 8. NNTPServer
 9. NNTPRepository
10. AvalonUsersStore
11. RepositoryManager
12. ConnectionManager
13. SocketManager
14. TimeSecheduler.

[10-14] are Avalon related.
[2-9] have been obtained from 1

I had my environment set up differently than conf\config.xml and
conf\assembly.xml so there is a chance that I may have made a mistake in the
configuration area. May have broken something, will do more testing later
tonight.

Harmeet