james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Fedor Karpelevitch <fedor.karpelevi...@home.com>
Subject Re: Avalon NNTP/Jannet ???
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 10:24:58 GMT
Done.

BTW, there is one piece of code particularily useful for the James as a
whole.

that is a small bit of native stuff in com/tsis/jannet/uid
it allows to switch user ID from root to a non-privileged user. This allows
starting server as root to bind to a low port and then switch to a regular
user to minimize the security risk.