james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: James POP3 versus RFC 1939
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:43:28 GMT

> So my final question is, are there any plans to change the POP3
> implementation or is this the way it's going to be?  I was planning on using
> the James POP3 implementation as a queue, but the way I was going to use it
> depends on the server enforcing the one authentication at a time constraint.

I don't mind if enforcing one access to a POP3 mailbox at a time is
added, but I think it should be an option. E.g. an element in the
config.xml that the admin can set to strict or loose (or whatever).

I'll add this to the todo list, but I don't think its high priority.
The best thing, of course, would be to write the patch yourself and mail
it to this list (cvs diff -u).

Cheers,

Charles