james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Multiple blocks and use of assembly.xml
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2001 15:22:13 GMT
James is not working properly because of the way it was split into
multiple blocks.

James.java contextualises itself (from assembly or config) but the
smtpserver block is not getting contextualised properly (no Hello name).

We can either reverse the multiple blocks move, so that james
contextualises a component - smtpserver. Or, we have to write smtpserver
so that it gets data from config.xml.

What was the rationale for having separate blocks (rather than separate
components) for each protocol? I'm not convinced this is a good design.

Charles