james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI - Errors reported by Visual Age for Java
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 04:21:44 GMT
At 03:11 PM 5/18/01 -0700, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
>Never mind this original report, I discovered that I still had a missing
library in my development environment, so that cleared up most of these
problems... However, I still got a few problems to resolve and they boil
down to the following error messages that I am getting -

>Interface Store.Repository is missing
>Interface TimeServer.Bell is missing
>Interface SocketServer.SocketHandler is missing
>
>So if someone could tell me where these interfaces hide out at, I would
much appreciate it...

A lot of these "features" have been fixed with latest version of Avalon.
The problem is that VAJava is not spec compliant (specifically fails a lot
of inner class related stuff). I reworked Avalon to get around it .... you
should be able to download latest CVS of Avalon and James and they should
all disappear.

>Within the DNSJava.jar file I got this error message -
>Interface javax.crypto.interfaces.DHPublicKey is missing
>
>Within the town.jar file I got these error messages -
>Interface javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTag is missing
>Superclass javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagExtraInfo is missing
>Interface javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.Tag is missing

they are uneeded by James so you can probably just ignore them ;)

Cheers,

Pete