james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject [CVS status] Possible problem found.
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 12:05:56 GMT
1) OK, Spent a few more hours looking at James code in CVS. At the
moment it compiles and appears to execute. However, mail enters the
spool dir but never leaves. It looks like accept() in spool repository
never locks a mail. Could be an issue with Lock.
If anyone else gets a chance to have a look that would be great.

2) Also, have started improving the logging but there is quite a bit to
do. Basically, anything that needs to log should implement Loggable but
anything that creates Loggable objects should extend AbstractLoggable
and call setupLogger(object) or setupLogger(object, subcategory). We
also need a way of pumping the protocol logging in connections.log (eg
SMTP, POP3) back to the respective protocol logs. Having everything in
connection.log will be a pain. Help would be handy here.

3) I think it might be handy to add cvs author, date and version to
files. This will record who last changed it and when (useful for other
developers to keep track) and what its cvs version is (useful for people
downloading source distributions - qv). Thoughts?

4) Once we get cvs working again, I think we should start putting out
'nightly' releases.  Don't have to be nightly, just more frequent.
Thoughts?

Charles