james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Logging
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 10:23:05 GMT
Peter,

How can we get the logging from SMTPHandler into the smtpserver.log and
that from POP3Handler into the POP3server.log? At the moment they mainly
log to connections.log.

I thought this was a case of calling setupLogger(this, smtp) to create a
category connections.smtp. Then in server.xml, category smtpserver and
category connections.smtp could be pointed at the same target. (And my
Avalon question was: could we till do that under your new proposal).

However, looking today, SMTPHandler extends BaseConnectionHandler. But
BaseConnectionHandler is logging to the right log (line 71) whereas
SMTPHandler and POP3Handler aren't. As they all use getLogger(), I'm
mystified as to how they can be logging to different places.

Thoughts?

Charles