james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: proposal: add SMTP AUTH support was: I WANT MY USERS TO BE ABLE TO SEND MAIL (SIGH)
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 09:08:38 GMT
Alec Yu wrote:

> I use VSS in my office, and never used CVS. Smirk.
> (still figuring how to play with CVS...)
>
> Related source files in http://legendzone.org/james121-patch.zip.
> Following classes modified: (I've included a diff-list.txt to tell where did I modify
in these classes)
> org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPServer      (with some fields changed from Private to
Protected)
> org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler    (with some fields changed from Private to
Protected,
)
> org.apache.james.James                                   (added "import org.apache.james.esmtpserver.*
and
>                                                                          modified "new
SMTPServer(...) to new ESMTPServer(...)"

> 4 classes added:
> org.apache.james.esmtpserver.ESMTPServer (inherited from the above SMTPServer)
> org.apache.james.esmtpserver.ESMTPHandler (inherited from the above SMTPHandler)
> org.apache.james.transport.matchers.AuthLogin
> org.apache.james.transport.matchers.AuthNotLogin

Great! Thanks, Alec.
I haven't got time to do this at the moment but maybe Harmeet will?
The other thing that would be good would be to combine Matt Pangaro's
SizeLimitedSMTPHandler into SMTPHandler with appropriate switches so
that it only uses SizeLimitedSMTPStream (and instantiates a mail object)
if a limit has been set.
Charles