james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Avalon source
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 15:58:13 GMT
> Giles Payne wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have downloaded James v1.2.1 release and have got it
> running relatively smoothly. I'd like to write something to get
> it to run as an NT service but to do this I need the Avalon source
> that corresponds to this version. Does anyone have an idea where
> I can get it?

Used to be in avalon cvs as branch avalon-james-1b1. However, that
bearslittle resemblance to the current state of play.

> Alternatively will there be a release drop shortly that
> will work with the current version of Avalon?

Anyone wanting to help with dev work is strongly urged to use cvs or a
recent nightly drop. Current cvs uses current Avalon (give or take a
week or two).

Cheers,

Charles

PS If you come up with a script (or whatever) to run James as an NT
service, can you contribute it?
CRB