james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Town replacement
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 19:23:04 GMT
on 5/8/01 11:17 AM, "Harmeet Bedi" <hbedi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> FYI: 2 other open source ORM projects that could be interesting are
> DODS from Enhydra http://dods.enhydra.org/
> Castor from Exolab http://castor.exolab.org/
>
> Harmeet

DODS, I don't know much about, but on the Enhydra.org site, they suggest
they are moving to Osage.sourceforge.net which is *very* similar to Turbine
Peer's and in fact used to be in Turbine's source tree, but the author
didn't want to be in Turbine's shadow.

Castor is ok, but it is bloated and does way to much. The Jetspeed project
currently uses it but is moving away from it (probably towards Peers).

So, the question would really be Peer's or Osage. I would choose to eat my
own dog food. :-)

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous