james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Brown <david.br...@gtri.gatech.edu>
Subject RE: Change User Password Feature?
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 21:58:42 GMT
I've been poking around in the code and looks like you can simply call
mailServer.adduser from RemoteManagerHandler with the new password (for
file).

File_Persistent_Object_Repository.java writes the password to a new file
(the name is based on the user's name).

Just the thoughts of newby to JAMES.

--David

-----Original Message-----
From: Gautam Mani [mailto:g_mani@vsnl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 2:52 PM
To: Java Apache Mail Server
Subject: Change User Password Feature?

Hi,
I have been hanging around this place for sometime now - recently there
seem a large number of users who want to have this feature. I do not
have a full understanding of James, but I could give it a shot.

Here is what I understand of it: We need to have a method

       void updateUser(String name, Objects attributes)

in the UsersRepository interface. This would change the implementations
of UsersRepository (File, Town and LDAP). I can do File, attempt Town,
but am not sure about LDAP; someone else  would have to do it.

If this is the right way to go about it, let me know and I'll post the
changes to FileRepository and RemoteManager.

Cheers,
Gautam

--
uptime: 12:10am up 57 min, 3 users, load average: 0.12, 0.33, 0.53
PGP Key: 0x7586EF34