james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Remote delivery updates
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:41:54 GMT
Let me know what you think of this idea...

In 1.2rc1, the RemoteDelivery mailet is pretty basic.  It does a good job
delivering (and retrying) messages, but doesn't give very good error
messages (for bounces mainly).  I wanted to improve this, and perhaps make
the remote delivery slightly more configurable (I've regularly heard people
ask to have everything delivered to a single server)

The other major feature my clients have asked is to detect when a mail
message bounced.  Often the FROM and TO are both end-users (not a system
account), and we don't necessarily want to notify an end-user that the
delivery failed... we want to catch this in the server and do something.

Has anybody worked on this code?  Any other suggestions as long as I'm going
in?

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/