james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: AW: Working on UsersJDBCRepository.
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 10:57:34 GMT
Christian Trutz wrote:

> >Hi all,
>
> Hi Darrell,
>
> >I've just started playing around with the James source, and was
> >hoping to  help out. Looking at the TODO, I saw that a direct JDBC
> >repository for Users  and Mail was a high priority, and decided to
> >try tackling that (User  repository first).
>
> a good idea, I am also interested on JDBCUserRepository, we can work
> together, if it's OK :-) (I am also new here :-)). I can implement
> the JDBCUserRepository for MySQL or other things ...
>
> What do you think about this class hierarchy:
>
> UsersAbstractRepository (or AbstractUsersRepository)
>    UsersFileRepository
>    UsersLDAPRepository
>    UsersTownRepository
>    UsersJDBCRepository (or JDBCUsersRepository)
>       UsersOracleRepository
>       UsersMySQLRepository
>       UsersPostgresRepository
>
> Chris

I don't think we need to support Town going forward.

For connection pooling, take a look at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.*

Charles

PS You may find it easier to download the avalon cvs's (jakarta-avalon,
jakarta-avalon-phoenix and jakarta-avalon-cornerstone, maybe logkit as
well) parallel to jakarta-james, then in james go ./build.sh -buildfile
projectdocs.xml This produces an integrated set of javadocs for james
and avalon.