james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Matt Pangaro's SizeLimitedSMTPHandler
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:04:45 GMT
I've finally integrated Matt's SizeLimitedSMTPHandler into the current
SMTPHandler.
I'll move it from proposal to main shortly. Thanks, Matt!

The only slight wrinkle is that the 250 message which was indicated for
the EHLO causes my client (Netscape Messenger on Linux) to barf (broken
pipe on server side). So I've commented it out. If anyone can work out
what should happen, that would be great.

As SizeLimitedSMTPHandler was never part of a release (excluding
nightlies) and there was no obvious way to use it, I propose deleting it
rather than deprecating.

Charles

PS As a side line for Jason - should the 250 AUTH message happen on
HELO's or just EHLO's?
Charles