james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@thought.co.uk>
Subject RE: AW: Working on UsersJDBCRepository.
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:55:37 GMT

I think you should have the table creation statements in an xml file,
and read them from this as directed by config.xml

so for example...

config.xml snippet might read:

      <spoolRepository>
        <repository
destinationURL="jdbc:mysql://www.x.co.uk/mailusers?user=James&password
=mailhost"
                    type="USERS"
                    model="SYNCHRONOUS">
		<driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
		<tablename>mailusers</tablename>
		<SQL>
			<create>rdbms.Mysql.users.create</create>
			<queries>rdbms.Mysql.users.queries</queries>
		</SQL>
        </repository>
      </spoolRepository>

Then... the SQL.XML would be..

<James-JDBC-repository-SQL-Store>
	<rdbms>
		<Mysql>
			<users>
				<create>
				    CREATE TABLE [tablename] (
	   				 id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
	    				 firstnamefield VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL,
	    				 lastnamefield VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL,
	    				 PRIMARY KEY (id)
					 );
				</create>
				<queries>
				<insert>INSERT into [tablename] (firstnamefield, lastnamefield)
values ('[firstname]','[lastname]')
			...more-queries-here...
				</queries>
			</users>
		</Mysql>
	</rdbms>
</James-JDBC-repository-SQL-Store>

where.. [tablename],[firstname],[lastname] are replaced at runtime by
james with appropriate values ..
thus to add support for any other SQL RDBMS would only require a JDBC
driver and some time hacking the SQL config file, no hacking the
code.