james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: We have some questions about James ?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 00:43:20 GMT
1. I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure that the headers of an email message are required
to be 7-bit data.  I was just reading through the JavaMail API last night that said something
about this, and someone using the API needs to properly encode data when setting headers.

2. There is no way to change the admin passwords without restarting James.  However, changes
to user accounts don't require a restart.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/
  ----- Original Message -----
  To: james-dev@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 1:34 AM
  Subject: We have some questions about James ?

  Dear sir/madam,

  I'm yongam, Kang from CyberCell Korea Co.Ltd. We, CyberCell, is Web solution provider company
in Seoul, Korea. We are planning to use "James" for our new products, which is due out soon.
However, we've come across some unexpected problems. With regard to "James", we have some
questions as follows:

  1.The James from mail client(Web mail) in mail header information(subject) cannot encode
2-byte character like Korean when we receive mails.  Could you please explain to us why it
keeps on happening?

  One more question, would you please let us know what is the source code in connection with
this problem so that we can come up with some solutions to these problems our ourselves?

  2. When mail server is in operation, is there any way for us to change passwords without
restart mail Server?

  As I mentioned earlier, we are in the final stage of developing new products. However, we
cannot
  proceed our work due to these problems. As a matter of fact, it is kind of urgent.
  Thank you in advance for your help. We would greatly appreicate it.
  We'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

  Sincerly,

  Yongam, Kang

    New Technology Leader Everday

            02-794-0700 (400)    Fax. 02-797-3330