james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject JDBC repository done, and bug found
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 13:06:59 GMT
The JDBC repository is pretty much done... should be substantially faster
and more scalable than the Town version.  However, I don't know how we want
to configure it, so the code is hardcoded to my database driver, server,
etc...  Once we decide what's the best way to do this, I'll add that in (an
easy change).

Also, I found out why the James 1.2rc1 was sending a copy of each message
per spoolmanager thread... part of the TownSpoolRepository had a bug where
it wasn't locking the messages (depending on how it was asking for a
message), so this allowed all 5 threads to each process the same message.

For future releases, I think it would be good to have a "Known Bugs" page on
the website... there have been a few problems (can't login as root, can't
handle mail from <> notices in SMTP, etc...) that pop-up periodically on the
listserv, and just putting them somewhere visible might be nice.  Often
these bugs aren't simple fixes that a patched release could address, so at
least publicly recording them would help.

Anyway, once we decide the best way to do configuration for the JDBC
repository, it'll be easier for people to start testing the JDBC repository.
Note that I didn't change the table structure at all from the 1.2rc1
release.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/