james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: James configuration
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 16:09:41 GMT
"M.P. Willems" wrote:

> >From my point of view, I would like all of the JDBC specific parameters to
> be put in a seperate configuration file, for example a JDBCconf.ini or
> JDBCconf.xml and be stored for example in the conf directory or even in it's
> own directory where we can store all RDBMS related issue's like the RDBMS
> specific SQL script's. Changing the JDBC or RDBMS would be an isolated
> administrative task. ofcourse ther should be a reveral somewhere in the
> general configuration xml where we can enable the jdbc reposetory and/or
> userlist, That's what i ment with the setting of a logical^boolean but a
> reveral will do the job a lot better ;-)) .... is this your idear of solving
> the configuration issue ?

I'm currently not fussed whether the jdbc config goes in the main config file
or there is just a pointer.

This should happen - specifically AvalonMailStore  should do this (which we
should really remain DefaultMailStore - there's nothing Avalon specific here)

> then
> > > the
> > > they're

Yes, that should happen.

>  I think Charles recently
> > modified

Really that was because if you have two definitions but you only want one
repository, there is a high likelyhood that you would not specify them
identically.

> Is this how James is supposed to be designed, or was
> > > this

Its not an Avalon/Phoenix question.
Have you found a bug? ie identical repository definitions returning different
objects?

> > the
> be
> > > file,
> > > table

I think the MailStore section of the config.xml file is the place for this (or
at least a reference to an external file).

> repository,
> > > and
> > configuration

The basic config for a datasource should be like a USerJDBCRepository, I guess,
so I think similar config elemements and code should work.

Charles