james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Turbine config
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 20:00:26 GMT
Oki DZ wrote:

>I didn't want to touch the original source code; that would beat the
>purpose of reusability in OOP, right? I tried to overcome the
>"super.initialize()" problem using subclassing. I needed three new
>subclasses. Everything worked fine. But then, it was a wrong thing to do;
>I mean, I'm not supposed to do that.
>
>So if the org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionPool gets
>fixed soon, that would be great. (It's about typing a line, anyway.)

It's not broken.

Cocoon uses it now--extensively.  There is a new FAQ entry about it,
which will show
up on the web site the next time they update the site.

Basically, you have to load the driver class (in the current CVS
version, you can specify
it in the configuration), and you need to make sure your JDBC driver is
loaded in the
classloader.

The "Developing with Avalon" documentation touches on it's use.