james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Input for JDB Mail Repository
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:15:17 GMT
In cvs proposal dir is Serge's JDBCMailRepository and
JDBCSpoolRepository.
Serge uses Mssql server with Inet Sprinta (I think) and I have got it
going with MySQL and the mm driver.
This is intended to replace the town db classses in James 1.2.1

At the moment, they new classes need to be re-compiled for different
drivers and dbs.
I want to tidy up the config and move them into the main tree.
So I am looking for input from developers/ users.

1) At the moment the JDBCMailRepository (like the town repository) puts
all messages in one db table.
a) Would it be useful to allows different tables, e.g. one for spam
another for errors etc.?
b) If one had multiple tables, how likely is it that one would have them
in different dbs or on different machines?
c) If one had multiple tables, would we still want all POP3 inboxes to
be in one table or would per-user tables make sense?

Any other suggestions re storing mail in a db would be welcome.

Charles