james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject Re: Turbine config
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 04:36:41 GMT
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Charles Benett wrote:
> But if you are trying to combine code from multiple projects you are
> being a dev. So join the dev list :-)

I thought that dev. lists are for committers only.

> I think it would be easier to get the avalon connection pooling working
> in james than to combine with turbine.

I didn't want to touch the original source code; that would beat the
purpose of reusability in OOP, right? I tried to overcome the
"super.initialize()" problem using subclassing. I needed three new
subclasses. Everything worked fine. But then, it was a wrong thing to do;
I mean, I'm not supposed to do that.

So if the org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionPool gets
fixed soon, that would be great. (It's about typing a line, anyway.)

Oki