james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: Next release?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:28:34 GMT
> Vote
>
> Version -  As james has changed hugely since the last release and isn't
> backwards compatible codewise (I think) I am strongly in favour of
> calling it 2.0

+1. I think it would be a good idea, there have been lots of changes both in
Infrastructure used(Avalon etc.) and James.

Regading defualts
+1 for turning NNTP on in and -0 for keeping IMAP on.
After the last set of fixes (AUTH related by Charles), there is only one
known functionality problem(to me) - NTTP acccess from pine. It seems to be
working. If it delivers what it promises(and I think it does from
functionality perspective), I would suggest turning it on by default.

Harmeet