james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Benett <char...@benett1.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Next release?
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 17:34:35 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:

> [...]

The User repository stuff isn't. It should be possible to write a tool
to upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.3/ 2.0.

The architecture has changed quite a bit. 1.2.1 was - as I recall - a
monolithic block whereas current code is a server application with
multiple blocks.

We have an additional, full functional server - NNTP.

As a side line, the current default is for SMTP, POP3, NNTP and IMAP
servers to start. Do people think this makes sense or would it be better
to turn off NNTP and IMAP in default settings? (This should be doable by
editing conf files)

Charles