james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Labib Iskander, Marcus" <...@cm-ag.de>
Subject Empty from Address
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:05:23 GMT
Hi,

since I didn't get an answer in the users list and this is rather a bug
report than a configuration question, I post this question to the developers
list. I hope you don't mind!

Is there a way to let empty from addresses being handled?
If a mail server like sendmail fails to deliver a mail for example due to a
user unknown response of the remote server it sends a delivery status
notification to the sender of the mail.
If the sender address is handled by james the notification itself will fail
because it is usual that the server uses an empty address while
communicating by SMTP:
MAIL FROM: <>
Which causes JAMES to throw an index out of bounds exception and to refuse
the mail.
If you have got any hints please let me know because this matter is very
important to me. I need to program some kind of automatic handling of such
reponse mails.

Thanks i. a.,
  Marcus Labib