james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject Re: We have some questions about James ?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 05:35:05 GMT
On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Serge Knystautas wrote:
> I'm not so sure the entire DATA part can by 8-bit... maybe this is just my
> James server screwing with things, but this is what Mr. Rønning's From
> header looked like...

If you have MIME, why should you debate on 7 or 8 bit?
I believe that MIME messages are alway 7 bit; that's the purpose of the
encoding, right?

> From: Gunnar =?iso-8859-1?q?R=F8nning?= <gunnar@polygnosis.com>

I think 8 bit messages are not good; not all terminals can display them
correctly. On a gnome-terminal using pine, here in my place, the name has
a representation of "top-right" character between the "R" and "n".

Oki