james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject MailImpl (was: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-james/src/conf spool.properties)
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 06:51:35 GMT
On 3 Aug 2001 serge@apache.org wrote:

>    listMessagesSQL=SELECT message_name, message_state, last_updated FROM

In MailImpl class, the lastUpdated field is intialized with the current
date:
    private Date lastUpdated = new Date();

In MySQL, when the message is stored, the content of the last_updated
column will be just the date, without the current time (the time is set to
zeros). I think it would be better if the store() method in
JDBCMailRepository uses java.sql.Timestamp, so that when the message is
stored, the time will be included. By doing so, the above SQL statement
would be more useful. The current implementation would make the order of
the messages to be not quite precise; the messages that are sent during
the day would be regarded to have the same sort order. The exact order
(the order of the messages retrieved) would be database implementation
spesific I guess.

Oki