james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>
Subject Re: Next release?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 03:04:15 GMT
On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Charles Benett wrote:
> As a side line, the current default is for SMTP, POP3, NNTP and IMAP
> servers to start. Do people think this makes sense or would it be better
> to turn off NNTP and IMAP in default settings? (This should be doable by
> editing conf files)

If you could turn on or off any of them via the conf files, then it would
be great. Currently, I need SMTP and POP servers to run during startup.
I'd need IMAP in the future. BTW, on IMAP mailboxes, do you need an SQL
connection that opens all the time for each the user's IMAP repository?
Last week I tried to put the IMAP repository on a database, it seems that'
s the case. If it is really so, then what if James is used by, say, 500
users. 500 SQL connections to the database is pretty hefty, I think.

Oki