james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Pangaro" <mpang...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Small Patch
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:46:17 GMT
Ok,
Here's a new version of the patch I just sent, which should be a bit cleaner. The diff is
now just to patch MailAddress. The original change is still there, but now it's changed the
getHost() method to return the ip address without the [] chars, in the case of a dotNum host.
It seemed like this was better, since it should avoid having to patch any other classes. I
don't think there are any other classes where the MailAddress is being deconstructed and reconstructed.
That's the only thing this would affect, since the new email address string would lack the
braces.

Matt Pangaro

p.s. Sorry for the extraneous traffic.
p.p.s. the "objectionable" content in the diff and the original message have been cleansed
to protect the innocent and the pure of heart... ;-)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matthew Pangaro
  To: james-dev@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 5:45 PM
  Subject: Small Patch

  Hi all,
  Was looking in Bugzilla to see if there was anything I could take a stab at. Attached is
a diff for bug 2006. This should get MailAddress to accept localpart@[yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy] addresses.

  diff.txt patches MailAddress to make it properly parse out the dotNum host part. diff2.txt
is a patch to RemoteDelivery to have it strip the [] chars from the host before doing getMailServers,
so the lookup works.

  If the fixes are acceptable, I'm not sure what the protocol is, but the bug could be closed
in bugzilla.

  Have done some local testing, and will keep hacking at it to see if there are any other
parts choking on the [yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy] host parts.