james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Turning mailets into Avalon components
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:01:37 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Oki DZ" <okidz@pindad.com>

> > The RemoteDelivery mailet already grabs Avalon resources, which it does
> > by grabbing a ComponentManager from a MailetContext attribute.  Seems
> > like this approach could give you similar access to Jdbc sources or
> > whatever.  I plan to rewrite the Town alias and Town listserv without
> > Town (using the internal jdbc datasource), and I'll see if I can figure
> > a nice way to get these to work.
>
> Yes please; basically, all I need is to have an easy way to get a
> reference to Avalon's ComponentManager from my matchers/mailets. Well, I
> want to make sure that the compose() or initialize() methods in the
> mailets would get invoked too...

Again, check the RemoteDelivery mailet.  In one line it gets an instance of
Avalon's ComponentManager... it's very easy.  The JDBCAlias mailet also
grabs a DB connection, but I haven't resolved how to get the base directory
just yet.  I started moving towards your first idea of optionally making
mailets contextualizable/etc., but I'm still trying to figure a way to avoid
that.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/