james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Joe" <...@joeshouse.net>
Subject SMTP Auth in James
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:51:41 GMT
Hi there everyone, I'm new around here...  Just started playing around with James for a bunch
of things our small company needs, plus I'm looking to lend a hand to the OS movement...
At any rate, I have a few questions I hope someone on this list can answer.  Here goes:

I noticed in the latest nightly build, there was code added for doing SMTP auth.  I tried
using this with Outlook Express, and it wasn't functioning correctly.  Is this a work in progress?
 Is anyone currently working on it?  Is it just a problem running under W2K?

Also, I had read about the desire to move the DB facilities in James away from "Town", to
straight JDBC/sql...  Was also wondering if anyone was working on this, as this is definitely
something I could do.

Finally, what's the status on using James for humungous mailing lists?  We have over 160,000
emails that need to go out daily, and was wondering if anyone had worked with any volume like
that.

Thanks a bunch for any help, and any additional pointers within this project are more than
welcome.  :-)

Joe Hanish