james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to Avalon 4.0 in progress?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:20:00 GMT
Ok, got the cornerstone bar rebuilt and imported into CVS correctly.

2 issues outstanding...

1. What happened to
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.threads.ThreadManager?  Is there an
alternate design pattern we should be using?  I browsed the cornerstone
javadocs and didn't see anything that looked encouraging.

2. The DNSServer.java class doesn't compile anymore..
org\apache\james\dnsserver\DNSServer.java:94: Incompatible type for
constructor. Can't convert short to java.lang.String.
        cache = new Cache (DClass.IN);
                                 ^
org\apache\james\dnsserver\DNSServer.java:152: Wrong number of arguments in
method.
        SetResponse cached = cache.lookupRecords(name, type,
dnsCredibility);

Not sure who 'hbedi' is, but there is the notes that the change was "stopped
short".  Can we get this fixed?

Can't build successfully because of these two issues.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/